These are just some of the things to consider. There is a great deal more you can do. You should spend the time to do the research to determine your current risks and steps you should take to reduce your risk.
- Your number one rule to protect yourself from Identity Theft is DO NOT give your password to anyone.
- U4 will never contact you via email requesting your User ID or Password. U4 already has this information on file. U4 might ask you over the phone for verification of your password so we can verify your identity.
- The only emails you will receive from U4 are your monthly bill, information on a new service, postcards, or a newsletter.
- Always question why anyone wants your Social Security number. Only give it out when absolutely necessary.
- Set Windows to update automatically.
- Get anti-virus software and set it to automatically up date.
- Get anti-spy ware and set it to automatically up date
Some other every day ideas to prevent ID Theft
- Get a PO Box
- Shred all documents that have any contact info or account info
- Contract with a service that regularly checks your credit report
- Pay attention to the delivery date of your bills
- Review credit card bills to confirm you made the purchases
- Carry as few cards in your wallet or purse as you can
- Make a copy of all documents in your wallet and lock in a safe
- Do not carry your Social Security card
Last update: 05:30 PM Friday, November 24, 2006